Invision Community
FORUMS BLOG/NEWS USER BLOGS USER MEDIA ADVERTS   ADD  MANAGE CHAT CLUBS & USER'S PERSONAL FORUMS LINK EXCHANGE
META-99 SEARCH ENGINE             CONTACT US
Sign in to follow this  
davidtrump

Marketing Tips #7: Don’t Forget the ‘Social’ in Social Media Marketing & Marketing Tips #8: Stop Trying To Reinvent The Wheel

Marketing Tips #7: Don’t Forget the ‘Social’ in Social Media Marketing

2020 is all about graduating from using social media to primarily promote website content. It’s clear that the algorithms on every social network work in your favor when you are posting images and videos. We all know this, but it’s time to make a fundamental shift in how we engage social media users in newer content mediums while still meeting our marketing objectives. This also includes leveraging more user-generated content as our primary content for brands that generate sufficient word-of-mouth.

For example, 2019 was when I realized the staying power Pinterest has, and I actually renewed my interest in the platform because of that.

Everything you do HAS to be data-driven and objective-driven. Period. Stop wasting your time otherwise.

– Neal Schaffer, Author of The Age of Influence

Marketing Tips #8: Stop Trying To Reinvent The Wheel

Research and case studies are certainly a key focus for me in the coming year, mostly because I want to develop better standards to address the content marketing conundrum — but also because the number of alleged social media and digital experts in the world doesn’t correlate with the results people are actually getting.

So I’d like to try silence the money-grabbing bullsh*it artists from the conversation by understanding the individual roles and interdependence of probability, timing, mathematics, manipulation, and emotion when it comes to achieving meaningful results that actually add value to both the consumer and the business.

Marketing Is Becoming Increasingly Complex

The skill set required to be an effective marketer today is far more multifaceted and complex than it has traditionally been! Technology and its consequences, such as social media, continue to completely change the game, and as such, we’ve seen an incredible power shift:

Traditionally, marketing penetration was driven by budget, but now the marketing consumption preferences of consumers is leading the way for penetration capability and costs.

I’m fortunate to be working with professionals in the marketing industry from multiple angles, and the most valuable conclusion I’ve established this year is that most marketing professionals and experts have been outpaced by changing consumer behaviors — and a lot of money is being blatantly wasted.

The funny thing is that there are more self-proclaimed marketing experts than there have ever been in the history of marketing, but a trivial percentage actually have half of an idea how to keep pace with and navigate the new ways in which consumers are exposed to, interact with, and perceive marketing assets.

Marketers should never forget the consumer they are marketing to is a human.

Particularly, as we continue to see a dilution of consumer attention, and we’re becoming increasingly subject to anonymous algorithm writers, many marketers get nervous because they aren’t achieving the results they previously would.

So they seek out shortcut tactics in an effort to perform in the short term for themselves, their clients, and their bosses.

These shortcut tactics tend to tarnish the perceived value of whatever is being marketed and interrupt the momentum already established because such individuals end up getting stuck in a situation that hinders their ability to actually recall what got them this far.

Fundamentals Remain the Same

The marketing tactics that worked in the past won’t particularly work now, but the fundamentals of human psychology haven’t biologically changed.

So many will rely on paid marketing to try and “solve” the problem, but even paid won’t save you if you don’t actually know how to effectively market to your target persona(s).

It’s important to note that consumers are more informed than they’ve ever been before, and as such, the buying process has completely changed.

As a marketer, your best bet is to develop a holistic marketing strategy that enables the brand to tap into multiple stages of the buying process, so that massive value is provided to the target audience and there is a clear demonstration that the brand is the “right choice” for the consumer.

– Sally A Illingworth, Marketing & Influence Strategist

insanegrowth.com